Information Held About You
Clarendon Financial Planning Ltd is a Data Controller that processes data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. In order to advise you properly, we collect data about you and your family through the filling in of client questionnaires, note-taking and keeping records of telephone conversations and other communication.
We make checks with organisations with whom you have investments and policies of insurance and with your mortgage provider. These checks are to help us with our legal obligations and to ensure that we provide you with advice that suits your circumstances. The scope and extent of the gathering of information from third parties depends on the nature of the service you receive from us.
The FCA requires us to retain records of our business transactions for specified periods; we will not, however, keep your records for longer than is necessary. You have the right to inspect your records and all such requests should be referred to Frederick Hervey-Bathurst who is the firm’s Information Security Officer, at the address set out below. We may charge a fee of £10 for responding to your request.
- You agree that the information we hold about you can be held on computer and / or paper files.
- You agree that we may use the information that we hold about you to contact you from time to time by post, fax, email or telephone to bring to your attention products, services or information about your existing contracts which may be of benefit for you. You may opt out of this condition by contacting us in writing.
- We have a legal obligation to ensure that the information is kept up-to-date, which we can only do if you provide us with updated information.
- You agree that any information we hold about you may be disclosed:
a. to third parties (e.g. credit agencies and product providers) for the purpose of processing your application
b. the regulators (mainly the FCA) who have a legal authority to check all our records
c. our compliance consultants, who help us to ensure that we abide by our regulatory obligations
- You may withdraw your consent to clauses 3, 4a, 4c at any time by informing us in writing.
- We never disclose your data to any other third parties (even if related) without your express permission in writing. We will provide you with an authority letter which you need to sign and return before we can approach any other third parties.